After a really long time, returned today to pen down a few thoughts here. I was just looking back at those times yesterday; trying to understand what saw me through the storm and brought me to where I am today. There were many factors that I can attribute this to. I’d penned down a few lines on this blog sometime back (Link)- ‘When the ship broke down, you said don’t drown; I carried on…’. The fact is that when I survived that ship wreck (figuratively speaking) and decided to swim along, it wasn’t just the will power or luck, or blessings alone; it was in mathematical terms, a ‘union’ of all the factors. The two key factors that constitute ‘will power’, when things all around you are going wrong, are: ‘hope’ and ‘determination’. All other factors either depend on these, or contribute to strengthen these.
‘Hope’ per se is not sufficient for anyone to sail through, because for all you know, one can hope for anything and everything. It has to be supported by ‘determination’ to actually believe in it. This determination might come from one’s understanding of the situation (what went wrong/ what next), the options available, mental and psychological support one has, etc. and most importantly the faith one has in his/ her own capability. In those days while I was on the hospital bed, there were several thoughts of ‘what next, where do I go from here’. I was totally new to the world outside the green uniform and it was the environment around me (sister, mother, friends...) that showed me the choices I had. The route I decided to take had a high element of risk; and was one of the toughest ones to take. This was where the ‘determination’ came in. It didn’t come JLT as they say (Just Like That), but after a lot of due diligence on what was required out of me and knowing that come what may,- ‘I could and have to do it’.
It is the combined force of these two factors that can help one sail through troubled waters. It’s the ‘Hope’ that you will ‘get’ through and ‘determination’ that you ‘will’ get through, that combine and make sure that you ‘will get’ through...
Ciao ppl !!
Ciao Life !!
I'm an ex-Fauji (NDA-IMA)...left the army because of an accident (lost rt hand)...got hold of life...became a leftie...started driving n writing with left...took CAT n GMAT(740)...Joined n left ISB after 20 golden days...Joined IIM Ahmedabad from there...PGP 2007 - 2009...Currently in Chennai... Well, Life is iffy !!
Quotes I live by...
- Stretch out your limits once a while...lest you lose your elasticity... (recent offhand thought)
- It's better to burn out, than fade away (Neil Young)
- This too shall pass...
- Shit happens...Life Goes on... (adapted from Forrest Gump)
- Don't be sad, it's over...be glad, it happened !!
- He Knows not his own strength, who hath not met adversity - Ben Johnson
- Do whteva you want...Don't get caught !! (NDA)
- Rules are like rulers...some can be bent, others can be broken :)
My Favourites in this blog
- NDTV/CNN: About Me
- My Autobiography
- This was me then...The love story...
- The Accident
- Better to have loved n lost. . .
- Sh*t happens...Life goes on...
- Operation Welcome: "Newly wed lady wife"
- 'Not Expecting' from......
- IIM'A or ISB ??
- My 2 cents dedicated to life
- Game theory in daily life
- Mussorie Nights at IMA
- The "4 Knows"