Three cheers for....

Three cheers for....


About Me...

I'm an ex-Capt. (NDA-IMA)...left the army because of an accident (lost right shoulder and of course, the rest of it)...got hold of life...became a leftie...started driving and writing with left...took CAT & GMAT...joined and left ISB after 20 golden days...joined IIM Ahmedabad from there...PGP 2007 - 2009...currently in Hyderabad... Well, Life is iffy !!

So, I'll make it easy...

You can drop a note to: rajat@rajatmishra.co.in

Personal Website

Quotes I live by...

  • Stretch out your limits once a while...lest you lose your elasticity... (recent offhand thought)
  • It's better to burn out, than fade away (Neil Young)
  • This too shall pass...
  • Shit happens...Life Goes on... (adapted from Forrest Gump)
  • Don't be sad, it's over...be glad, it happened !!
  • He Knows not his own strength, who hath not met adversity - Ben Johnson
  • Do whteva you want...Don't get caught !! (NDA)
  • Rules are like rulers...some can be bent, others can be broken :)

Thursday, May 6, 2021

Follow your passion—life follows you: a few words on C.L.A.W.

It’s been a while, yes, and in line with the heading above, I’ll try to pen down here more often. Thankfully, my core job is founded in writing so I do get to follow my passion anyway.

Now, getting to the point, a few months back I got an email from one of my well-wishers who had read my book. She mentioned about a site called C.L.A.W. Global and asked for me to  check it out. Well, I did and realized that it was the brainchild of one of my NDA seniors (from back in 1999), Major Vivek Jacob, who is a Special Forces veteran.

I then connected immediately, and it was inspiring to hear about not only his exciting-difficult-fulfilling experience in the Special Forces, but also the fact that he turned an event in his life (that led to leaving the Forces) into an inspiring mission. Yes, not surprising given he was a Foxy (my Foxtrot squadron in NDA👦), but something that made me respect his fighting spirit and passion even more.

CLAW Global, as anyone can see on the web is on an inspiring mission to achieve something bold. They ARE going to achieve a Triple Elemental World Record in adaptive adventure sports with People of Disabilities (PwDs) around the globe. In their own words, "We are not victims of the elements...we are the elements."

As I’ve shared in a few forums dealing with the topics of PwD, most recently for a virtual webinar for NHRD (4:00 mins into the video), it’s all in the mind. PwDs are people who are dealing with certain conditions, not only on a daily basis, but every moment of their lives. And yet, they have decided that this condition will not define who they are; they will define who they are. It's all in the mind.

It’s an inspiring mission that the team of Special Forces veterans is on. Taking this mission to a global level—at a humanity level, speaks highly of the passion that fuels this group. I went through a few of the inspiring interviews of Jacob sir, and a few where he was brutally honest about his entire journey (and the way he communicated it) are these ones: TRS 103 and TRS 104 😊I wish this group of Special Forces volunteers the very best, and look forward to join them one day.

It is exciting when one has passion. 
It is meaningful when one has purpose. 
An impact is created when passion meets purpose

Ciao life!
Ciao ppl!





 

4 comments:

Sandeep said...

Inspiring! Thanks for sharing. :)

littlemessy! said...

oh finaly you pen down!!
very well said 'an impact is created when passion meets purpose'.

littlemessy! said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rajat said...

Finally I did, just wish there were more hours in a day:)